A science is any discipline in which the fool of this generation can go beyond the point reached by the genius of the last generationMax Gluckman
- Now at The Guardian
- Is there a shadow universe? 16/07/2014
- Dark Energy, and Matter, Surveys 03/09/2013
- Is there any such thing as “nothing”? 12/05/2013
- Should we change the Higgs boson’s name? 28/04/2013
- Ask a grown-up: is there anything smaller than an atom? 25/04/2013
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
UCL on twitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: teaching
Flying penguins vs plastic balls at the ExCel Centre. Justin Evans, a researcher at UCL, tells the tale… At The Guardian.
Paul Dirac: The Matrix has you. At The Guardian.
Posted on The Guardian 19/1/2011.
After Lily’s post on poor risk assessment in particle physics, I thought I should bring to your attention the risk of putting your hand in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) – as discussed by Ed Copeland and his colleagues at … Continue reading